Information Sheet - SILHOUETTE SOFT® One stitch facelift
SILHOUETTE SOFT® comes in the form of bidirectional absorbable thread cones. It is made in the United States and its development is based on six years of experience in suture suspension with cones used in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery.
SILHOUETTE SOFT® is a technological innovation offering women and men what no treatment has ever provided in such a simple way: a redefined face, restored volume and reduced wrinkles by means of a 30-minute treatment at their doctor’s, for a result lasting up to 18 months.
The Silhouette Soft® double action
- The lifting effect is immediate and discreet as it is the result of compressing and elevating tissue at the time of adjusting the suture. After inserting the suture, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area. In this way, the doctor reshapes the surface of the skin and makes it visibly smoother.
- The regenerative effect is gradual and natural: polylactic acid (PLA), the principal component of SILHOUETTE SOFT® is a polymer known in the medical field for many years (suture thread, orthopaedic pins, screws and nails for bone fractures are all made from PLA). It is because this polymer is particularly biocompatible with human beings, and also completely biodegradable, that such applications have been developed.Once the suture is applied, the polylactic acid acts on the deeper layers of the skin and helps increase the volume of saggy areas, restoring shapeliness to the face gradually and perfectly naturally.An anti-ageing technique that has proven its worth
Given that there are other Hair Removal Lasers on the market and more traditional methods, please discuss alternative options specific to your aesthetic needs.
Some alternative treatments can include:
- Other Laser Hair Removal
SILHOUETTE SOFT® treatment is suitable for all skin types – testing for allergic reactions proved negative in clinical studies. Nevertheless, the use of SILHOUETTE SOFT® is not recommended if you are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.If you have severe ptosis or a great deal of excess skin, consult your doctor.
Mechanism of Action
Applying Silhouette Soft® takes around 30 minutes - an hour in a doctor’s surgery. After a small local anaesthetic, the doctor inserts the suture under the skin to a depth of about three to five millimetres. No incision is required, as the suture is inserted using a fine needle. It is held in place with absorbable cones oriented in opposite directions (bidirectional).
Once the suture has been applied, the doctor performs slight compression of the tissue to reshape it by hand and to obtain the desired lifting effect. The non-inserted ends of the suture are cut off. One or more sutures may be applied, depending on the patient and treated area.
Some combination treatments can include:
- Chemical Peel
- PRP Therapy
Pre and Post Care Instructions
No special preparation is required prior to Silhouette Soft® treatment.
However, we recommend that you discuss your expectations and ask your doctor any questions you have before starting treatment. Inform the doctor of any treatment you have already received and of any medicines you are currently taking.Application of Silhouette Soft® must be performed by a doctor who has undergone specific training.
After Silhouette Soft© treatment, as with any cosmetic treatment, some slight swelling, redness or bruising may sometimes be observed, but these disappear within days.
There is sometimes a slight wrinkling of the skin (required for optimisation of the treatment) which disappears very quickly.
Recommendations for good post-treatment follow-up:
- During the week after treatment, do not undergo any dental surgery, and avoid facial and beauty treatments.
- Avoid all contact sports for the first few weeks.
- Preferably sleep on your back.
- In the event of pain, take a pain relieve