Skin Whitening treatment
Information Sheet – Glutathione effects on Ageing
In the 1980s, one of those scientists, Dr. Calvin A. Lang, a professor of biochemistry at the University of Louisville Medical School, found that certain humans maintained high blood and tissue levels of a natural compound called glutathione throughout their lives. These same individuals experienced superior health and extreme longevity.
Glutathione (pronounced “gloo-tah-thi-on”) was discovered in 1888, but it wasn’t until the 1920s and 1930s that it received much attention. During that time it was discovered that there was a strong relationship between glutathione and aging of the lens of the eye. Since that time, we’ve learned that maintaining low levels of glutathione is directly linked to cataracts, macular degeneration and a long list of other diseases. Glutathione is a tripeptide. A peptide is a compound that breaks down into two or more amino acids. Since glutathione is a “tri” peptide it is composed of three amino acids, namely glycine, glutamic acid and cysteine. Glutathione is present in every cell of your body and essential for life itself.
Dr. Lang discovered that glutathione levels decline with old age and with this decline, there is a corresponding decline in overall health and survival rates. Many of his studies have involved the elderly in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky and those of one of his colleagues, Dr. Mara Julius in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The major functions of glutathione are:
Explanation / Procedure
- Regulating protein and DNA biosynthesis and cell growth
- Maintaining the strength and integrity of cell membranes
- Enhancing the functions of the immune system by increasing the production of disease-fighting blood cells called lymphocytes
- Detoxifying external compounds like environmental pollutants and drugs; and
- Acting as an extremely powerful antioxidant, protecting cells against free radical damage.
- Breaks down oxidized fats and free radicals in the body, thus strengthening the body's immune system and scavenging free radicals
- Treats irritable bowel syndrome (sometimes reverses it)
- Prevents or reverses acne and wrinkles and crows feet via detoxification of the skin and body
- Glutathione is being used successfully as an autism treatment (i.e. - Kosair Children's Hospital and the University of Louisville, Kentucky by Dr. Stephen Wright)
- Reverses and prevents atherosclerosis, congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease, hypertension, high blood pressure (especially when combined with high quality sources of omega 3, such as flax, flax seeds, sprouted flax, and chia seeds)
- Reverses liver damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption
- Prevents damage from second hand smoking by halting the "aldehydes" in cigarettes from "aging" the cells (prevention of emphysema)
- Increases life expectancy or survival rate of hiv aids patients (this is huge in the world of AIDS research and treatment)
- Helps to treat and prevent cataracts and macular degeneration since glutathione helps to protect the lenses of the eyes and pverall eye health
- Eliminates and gets rid of age spots, liver spots, brown spots, lentigines, crows feet, and dark circles under eyes
- Like melatonin, it protects the skin against oxidative damage which leads to wrinkles; therefore, it is an excellent form of antiaging skincare
- If you're looking into how to lose weight fast, please know that glutathione pills should be used as a precautionary measure to protect the body's cells, boost immune system, and nutritional levels as rapid weight loss depletes the body of muscle and nutrients
- Helps to treat multiple sclerosis by preventing or reversing damaged tissue in the brain (also expels ammonia, which can damage the brain)
- Liver detoxification which can lead to reversal of disease, obesity, inflammation (both regular and silent inflammation)
- Replaces DMSA (a form of chelation therapy which expels heavy metals from the body); mercury detoxification and lead detoxification
- Natural cancer treatment for cancers like prostate cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, mesothelioma cancer, pancreatic cancer and skin cancer (like basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma) and many other forms of cancer by protecting the body from radiation treatment and cancer chemotherapy
TGlutathione should be synonymous with life extension and reverse aging. As a rule of thumb, glutathione levels in the body start to decrease as we get older; therefore, a sufficient decrease of the antioxidant can speed up human aging.
Proposed mechanisms of action include:
- Direct inactivation of the enzyme tyrosinase by binding with the copper-containing active site of the enzyme;
- Mediating the switch mechanism from eumelanin to phaeomelanin production;
- Guenching of free radicals and peroxides that contribute to tyrosinase activation and melanin formation; and
- Modulation of depigmenting abilities of melanocytotoxic agents. These concepts supported by the various experimental evidence.
How does it cause skin lightening
- Cysteine has antioxidant properties
- It is transformed in the body into GSH
- L-Cysteine promotes the formation of Pheomelanin which is pink to brown rather that eumelanin black giving the skin a lighter rosier tone
Possible / Side Effects
- There aren't any known negative side effects of the capsules, pills.
- RARE is anaphylaxis hence glutathione administration must be supervised by a medical practitioner
- Contra indication is cancer or history of any cancer.
- This is because glutathione augments the functions of every cell in the body and makes no distinction between normal cells and those of a cancerous tumor. Attempts to boost glutathione can be undertaken following a treatment program where the cancer was determined to be in remission
Mechanism of Action
Unfortunately Glutathione cannot be ingested due to the fragility of the compound . The chemicals within the gut disintegrate the structure before it reaches the bloodstream. Glutathione pre cursors are available on the market but high doses are require to reach the desired effect .ie L cysteine (Crystal tomato) but often cost becomes an issue.
Often what is advised is promoting the body’s natural production of glutathione by supplementing your food intake with Riboflavin , Zinc , Magnesium.
Riboflavin assists in recycling the enzymes created from glutathione and selenium aids in their formation. Zinc and magnesium also appear to be necessary in glutathione enzyme production.
The best and most affordable way of obtaining glutathione with quick effective results is IV administration.
The patient is required to come in weekly until desired skin lightening is obtained and then monthly for maintenance.
If you stop the glutathione iv administration, you will revert slowly back to the eumelanin pathway, hence going back to your original complexion . Once a month injections have shown to maintain desired results and is proven to be beneficial , so don’t stop ☺
For detoxification and anti aging – patient is required to come in once a month for iv administration . The glutathione drip is a quick lunch time re boost that definitely proves beneficial in our stressful lifestyle.