Information Sheet for Dermapen
An international pioneer, Dermapen® is a medically engineered and developed skin needling device that utilises 12 surgical grade micro needles to deliver effortless and effective skin needling. Employing patented technology, the micro needles are encased in an ergonomic automated pen utilising Advanced Oscillating Vertical Needles (AOVN) technology.
The AOVN technology allows the pen to glide smoothly over the skin delivering efficient, dramatic and long lasting results.
It manoeuvers freely across all facial and body contours and targets and treats the smallest or largest concerns in the hardest to reach places.
Over 1300 micro channels are produced at a speed of 108 revolutions per second.
The needles are disposable and free from titanium and nickel and will be tolerated by even the most allergic of skins.
Benefits and Features
- Fractional skin rejuvenation
- Increase patient comfort
- Reduced downtime
- Reduced epidermal damage
- Removes needle bending
- Versatility of needle depth to suit treatment area
- Sterile to limit infection
- Disposable easy interchangeable needles
- Step 1: analgesic is applied to the affected area
- Step 2: serums are applied to skin to help the Dermapen® glide across the skin.
- Step 3: post treatment
Patient must avoid for at least 2 days:
- Direct sunlight exposure
- Intensive cardio exercise
- Further clinical treatments i.e. laser
- Applying active skin products
- Excessive hot showers
- Spray or self-tanning
- Swimming in chlorinated water
Skin conditions treated with DERMAPEN®
- Collagen induction therapy – wrinkle reduction
- Sun damage
- Hair regeneration
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Wrinkles around the mouth – rythides
this means you should not undergo this treatment or that certain areas should be avoided!
- Skin cancer
- Blood thinners i.e. Warfarin
- Diabetics with active infection
- Active skin lesions i.e. herpes simplex
Possible / Side Effects
- Erythema for 3- 5 days
- Scratches or mild scarring which resolves after 2 weeks
- PIH might occur but speak to your doctor if you are prone to post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
Mechanism of Action
Microscopic channels that are created into the skins matrix stimulates wound healing with intense renewal and cell repair leaving the skin looking rejuvenated for months. Natural growth factors are released to stimulate reformation and the deposition of fresh restructuring collagen. Unlike most skin rejuvenation treatments, Dermapen targets 3 major cells (keratinocytes, melanocytes and fibroblasts) and promote scar-less wound healing via controlled wound healing response. The risk of irregular fibrotic collagen deposition is virtually removed.