DNA Oestrogen tests for high-risk polymorphisms that have been shown to affect metabolism of oestrogen and related compounds. Cumulative exposure to oestrogen has been shown to have a high correlation to the development of breast cancer. The test is therefore particularly important for woman considering oral contraceptives, hormone replacement therapy, bio-identical supplementation, women who are considering in vitro fertilization or who have been diagnosed with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
DNA Oestrogen reports on the following areas:
- Polymorphisms in key genes involved in metabolizing oestrogen and related compounds
- Impact of high-risk polymorphisms
- Intervention strategies for carriers
- Personal risk factors associated with HRT, Oral contraceptives, bio-identical supplementation
- and in vitro fertilization